This post is based on notes I have taken some time back on the thoughts of Mr Azim Hashim Premji who is an Indian business tycoon, investor, philanthropist, and chairman of Wipro Limited.
- We must always begin with our strengths.
- One rupee earned is of far more value than five rupees found on the floor.Nothing gives us as much satisfaction as earning our rewards.
- No one bats a 100 everytime. You win some, you lose some. Don't let winning go to the head;accept failure also as natural.
- Humility is very important.We have so much to be grateful for.Acknowledge what you have received from parents, teachers and seniors.
- We must always strive for excellence.Look at those better than us; emulate them and keep learning.This process should involve not only our mind but also our heart and soul.
- Never give up in the face of adversity. If we persevere long enough, we will be able to put any problem in its perspective and solve it.
- While you must be open to change, do not compromise on your values.
- We must have faith in our own ideas even if everyone tells us that we are wrong.
- Ultimately, we must learn to respond instead of reacting. When we respond,we evaluate with a calm mind and do what is most appropriate. We are in control of our actions. When we react, we are still doing, what the other person wants us to do.